Position: Junior Scientist
Joined JMA: August 2020
B.Sc. Hons. Geohydrology, University of the Free State, 2018
B.Sc. Geology & Chemistry, University of Johannesburg, 2017
August 2020 - Present - Junior Scientist - Geohydrologist at JMA Consulting (Pty) Ltd.
March 2019 - July 2020 - Junior Geohydrologist at AGES Alpha (Pty) Ltd.
Key Performance Areas:
Albert Carow is currently responsible for and involved with various geohydrological fieldwork components including groundwater and surface water monitoring, supervision and formation control during the drilling of Geohydrological Investigative and Monitoring Boreholes as well as the undertaking of Groundwater and Fountain Hydrocensus'.
Selected Recent Relevant Experience:
- Geohydrological supervision and formation control during the drilling of boreholes.
- Recording of groundwater levels.
- Down-the-hole multi-parameter profiling.
- Specific depth (stratified) sampling of boreholes.
- Pumping test supervision and interpretation.
- Geophysical surveys and interpretation.
- Groundwater and fountain hydrocensus’.
- Groundwater resource potential assessments.
- Pollution risk assessments.